Small Producers Initiative
Small Producers Initiative (SPI) is a program housed in the Department of Agricultural Sciences at Texas State University.
Small Producers Initiative (SPI) provides research, outreach, and extension to small and mid-sized farmers and ranchers in Texas. SPI specializes in working with underserved producers.
Upcoming Events & Announcements
- Soil Building for Resilience on Diversified Farms
- Join us March 1st for our next on-farm field day at Southwest Farms near San Antonio.
- For Details and to register, please visit our Workshops page.
- Monitoring for Ecosystem Function
- Field day on “reading your landscape” for resilience and productivity on April 12 at The Regen Ranch in Oakwood, TX.
- For details and to register, please visit our Workshops page.
- SPI receives USDA funding to support our initiatives for regenerative agriculture!
- Online Beekeeping Course with Two Hives Honey
Small Producers Initiative at Texas State University (SPI) is hiring a Media & Outreach Officer.
For more information about the position and to apply, visit the following link: https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/45301
- The annual Southern Family Farmers & Food Systems Conference
- Including registration and travel support for underserved producers
- SPI's Agricultural Mentorship Program (SPI-AMP)
- Virtual bookkeeping classes and marketing workshops
- Grant and loan application assistance
- One-on-one financial consults in partnership with Kitchen Table Consultants
- Research on Regenerative Soil Solutions, Education, Extension and Demonstration (RReSSEED)
- On-farm demonstration events to educate small and urban producers about soil health and conservation practices
- Laboratory development and research
You can find out more by visiting the About Us section.